Special Hospital for Rehabilitation, Spa “Rusanda”
Special Hospital for Rehabilitation, Spa “Rusanda”
It is located on the coast of the salt lake of the same name, the largest in Serbia, in the beautiful nature park. Lake Rusanda is the most important healing factor in Banja Rusanda. It is one of the most beautiful lakes in Serbia.
It is located on the shore of the salt lake of the same name, the largest in Serbia, in a beautiful park of pines, acacia and linden trees. Lake Rusanda is the most important healing factor in spa Rusanda. It is one of the most beautiful lakes in Serbia. It covers a surface of 4 km2, and its water is similar to the sea. During the dry season, the level of the lake decreases, increasing its mineralization. Medicinal sludge reaches a thickness of one meter and is rich in hydrocarbons, carbonates, sulfates, sulfur – hydrogen, chlorides, potassium, sodium, silicon dioxide, iron oxide and aluminum oxide. Lake water has high salinity and is alkaline. For hydrotherapy purposes, thermomineral water is used which belongs to the order of sodium hydrocarbonate sulphide hypothermia.
History of Spa Rusanda began in 1866, when a joint stock company was founded to use the natural medicinal factor of the Rusanda lake. The spa was officially opened in 1867. Two years later, the health resort was named today. The mud, or peloids, was firstly recovered at the Imperial Academy in Vienna and preserved to this day.
Today spa Rusanda is the only active health resort in Banat, but also one of the leading hospitals for physical medicine and rehabilitation in Serbia.
- Parkinson’s disease,
- multiple sclerosis,
- motor neuron diseases, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,
- conditions after meningitis, meningoencephalitis,
- conditions after acute polyradiculoneuritis (Guillain-Barre syndrome),
- cervical syndrome, cervicobuchyalgia,
- lumbal syndrome, lumboishialgia,
- paralyze and paresis nerves
- polyneuropathy, polyradiculoneuropathy,
- conditions after surgery,
- hemiplegia, paraplegia, quadriplegia.
STATE AFTER TRAUMA OR SURGICAL INTERVENTIONS
- Post-traumatic conditions and / or surgical interventions of the head, brain and spinal cord with consequent hemiparasis or hemiplegia, paraplegia and quadriplegia,
- post-rupture conditions of the blood vessel of the brain,
- post-operative conditions malformations of the blood vessels of the brain (e.g aneurysms),
- conditions after surgery of brain tumors and spinal cord,
- conditions after bone fracture and joint swelling,
- conditions after fracture operations,
- conditions after the installation of an artificial hip or knee,
- conditions after injury to ligaments, meniscus, muscles,
- conditions after sports injuries,
- conditions after surgery.
Degenerative (coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, spondylosis, etc.),
- inflammation in a quiet phase (rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, etc.),
- metabolic (osteoporosis, gout, etc.),
- extra- articulated rheumatism.
DEFINITIONS OF LOCOMOTOR SYSTEM IN CHILDREN
- poor posture
- flat feet
The first phase of medical rehabilitation is being conducted at the “Rusanda” banquet. It belongs to medicine and it is implemented by health care through health care. This stage should pass through all those who are ill and injured, who are at risk of permanent consequences. Medical rehabilitation allows an incapacitated person to achieve as much independence as possible in the activities of everyday life.
The tasks of medical rehabilitation are:
- Preserving endangered functions
- Establishing damaged functions
- Compensation of lost functions through development of remaining abilities / compensation / or substitution (substitution)
- Adjustment to disability
Medical rehabilitation is carried out by a team of experts who provides the necessary measures and procedures from the scope of their work according to the modern principles of medical science and other sciences. The work of the team is managed by a physician specialized in physical medicine and rehabilitation. After inspecting the medical documentation and evaluating the health and functional condition, a treatment plan is made and the goal of rehabilitation is defined.
Consequences of condition, disease, damage can be physical changes, mood swings, behavioral disorders and cognitive deficits. At the same time, these deficits lead to functional inefficiency of the patient and affect the family of the patient. That’s why psychologists, neuropsychologists and speech therapists are always part of the rehabilitation team.
Psychological factors are particularly important for rehabilitation.
Psychodiagnostics and psychotherapeutic interventions can help the patient understand his condition, manage emotions, deal with pain and stress.
Certain conditions and diseases result in speech and speech disorders, the weight of which moves from minor disturbances, to difficult speech comprehension, and in some cases the complete lack of speech production capability. Logopedi in the Hospital are engaged in diagnostics of communicative abilities of patients, speech and voice pathology, speech-language disorders, evaluation of achieved results and advisory-instructive activities.
Irregular diet can be the cause of various disorders and illnesses. If the patient’s health condition requires dietary therapy, nutrition is necessarily adapted to the needs of the patient. Through consultation, advice and education, patients are given the opportunity to establish a proper diet and take on their own individual nutrition program.
Various forms of physical therapy based on the application of different forms of physical energy for the purpose of treatment, training and medical rehabilitation of diseased and injured persons, prevention of deterioration and recurrence of diseases are applied in the “Rusanda”.
– Kinesiotherapy is one of the most important measures of medical rehabilitation, it uses movement as a therapeutic means in order to preserve, establish, develop and replace the function of the locomotor apparatus.
– Work therapy deals with rehabilitation of patients with manual, creative, artistic, social, recreational, educational and other techniques.
– The electrotherapy we use in our spa implies the application of electricity for the purpose of treatment. In addition to it, we use Magnetic Therapy, Laser Therapy, Biotron Light Therapy, Ultrasound Therapy, Hydrotherapy.
– Peloidotherapy is a type of treatment by which our spa is especially distinguished.
It implies the application of mineral peloids, medicinal mud for therapeutic purposes. The chemical composition, which particularly refers to active forms of sulfur and high salinity, gives it an advantage in the use of rheumatology, first of all in the treatment of degenerative rheumatism, dermatology, dominant psoriasis, and gynecology (sterility treatment).
Peloidotherapy is applied in the following ways:
- general mud baths, half-dung (swimming in medicinal mud)
- Immersion of certain parts of the body
- mud packing in foils (for individual parts of the body or for the whole body)
- local mud packing
- application in cosmetics
The particles of peloids from the lake “Rusanda” are uniform in size, very small, most of the particles are smaller than 0.01 mm. This fine grain composition of peloids provides its excellent plasticity, high heat capacity and low thermal conductivity. It belongs to a group of liman, inorganic origin, with an organic component of 12%, high salinity, alkaline reaction and does not require an additional period of ripening. It is a stable, biogeochemical balanced peloid, which is easily prepared and applied. Peloid has a black-gray color, the smell of lake sludge, soft, plastic and very nice lubricant. The peloid is an aleuric-clay composition. The chemical composition shows the presence of various oxides, and above all: silicon, aluminum, iron, sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, chlorine and sulfur. Among the microelements there are plenty of: wrinkles, barium, copper, rubidium, strontium, zinc. Radioactivity is within normal limits. The presence of the organic component has a biocidal-antibiotic activity.
Peloid has mechanical, thermal and chemical effects on the body, and it is hydrosolubile, with a high degree of electrolytic dissociation. It has a high heat capacity, it retains the initial temperature for a long time, and it works the same way throughout the application all the time.
The chemical composition, which particularly refers to active forms of sulfur and high salinity, gives it an advantage in the use of rheumatology, primarily in the treatment of degenerative rheumatism, dermatology, dominant psoriasis, and gynecology (sterility treatment).
In the Spa “Rusanda” special attention is paid to the prevention of disease. Our guests can enjoy relaxation, relaxation, detoxification and recreation within spa services. Within our wellness and spa services, treatments with modern radio-frequency Green-IRF apparatus, Green-press apparatus, various types of massages, body-therm cabin, indoor swimming pool, massage in pearl or massage tub, relaxation on tepidarium or warm bed , as well as other types of relaxation, breathing exercises, with individually tailored diet.
At the disposal of the guests there are special types of manual massage, they increase the blood circulation of the treated region, increases the venous and lymphatic drainage. Reducing muscle and nerve tension, acting sedative, reduce general fatigue. Massages reduce pain, normalize metabolic processes, clean skin from superficial extinct cells, eliminate skin fat and allow breathing of the skin.
With a deep effect, the subcutaneous fat tissue becomes more elastic, and its contractility improves.
- Manual massage (manual massage of whole body or individual parts of the body)
- Underwater massage, pearl bath, Jacuzzi
Special forms of massage:
- Massage with volcanic rocks, it has been confirmed that the volcanic stones carry an extraordinary electromagnetic potential in it and that in its essence it is primarily an energy treatment. The combinations of warm and hot rocks are placed on the body following the main energy centers. The specificity of the massage of volcanic stones is that the therapeutic nailed stones does not directly place on the body, but first warms up the palms that it brings to the skin and the movements of the preparation prepares it, after which the warm stones massage deeper the structure of the skin, muscle envelopes, ligaments, and muscle a group. Massage with volcanic stones allows for a better exchange of matter in the body and potentiates detoxification.
- The massage of stones from the Himalayan salt in the Himalayas is considered to be white gold and is the cleanest on Earth, it helps to hydrate the skin, relieves cellulite, helps achieve an energy balance, this massage has a completely natural character and microelements and minerals pass through the skin through the skin. The stones are heated in a special bag designed so that the effects of salt itself, massage and heat action are achieved, the flow of blood and lymphs improves, tissues are released from excess water and harmful toxic substances. If this massage is applied on the face, it increases the tonus of the skin of the face, reduces the darkness, helps to drain the sinuses and reduce headache.
- Massage with shells, which is heated with a mixture of volcanic ash, algae rich in minerals and sea water, which are poured into the interior of the shell. Improved blood and lymph flow, tissues better nourish and release harmful and toxic substances, as well as excess water. Thus, the effects of detoxification, reduction of pain and tension in the muscles are achieved, the skin tone improves. During the massage, pleasant natural scents are released, which have an additional effect against stress.
- Oriental exfoliation massage with soap.
- Relaxation massage is essentially the same as the classic massage, relaxes, reduces pain and relieves stress.
- Anti-cellulite massage, this type of massage, except that it is effective in eliminating cellulite, also works to improve circulation and tensile of the skin.
- Shiatsu massage, originating from Japan, is based on acupressure – pressure on acupuncture points, used as a therapeutic agent for the elimination of anxiety in asthma, migraine, neck pain or lower back (baptism), for relaxation and relief from the negative impact of stress.
- Foot massage, on our feet, there are zones that correspond to all the fire and glands in our body, as well as over 70,000 nerve endings. With the massage of the foot or the stimulation of certain points on the feet, various problems or blockages that prevent the normal functioning of our body can be eliminated. The massage of the feet relaxes, refreshes the body and gives the feeling of ease to the leg. The effect is the same as massage of the entire body, so it can be done as a special massage, but also within another
Banja Rusanda bb, 23270 Melenci, Republic of Serbia
+381 (0) 23 315 04 00
+381 (0) 23 315 04 09
+381 (0) 23 315 04 16
+381 (0) 69 851 30 68
Triad (for users with RFZO instructions):
+381 (0) 23 315 04 04
+381 (0) 23 731 075